Allahabad Climate & Temperature
- Allahabad, India is at 25°27'N, 81°44'E, 98 m (321 ft). See map.
- Allahabad has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Allahabad is situated in or near the tropical dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 25.9 degrees Celsius (78.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18.1 °C (32.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 24.7°C (76.4°F) on average falling to 9.7°C (49.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 38°C (100.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 21.4°C (70.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 35.4°C (95.7°F) and average low temperatures are 26.5°C (79.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 31.7°C (89°F) during the day and lows of 19.5°C (67.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1027 mm (40.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1027 Litres/m² (25.19 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2961 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Allahabad you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Allahabad Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Allahabad Climate Graph in Metric Units
Allahabad Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Allahabad, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Ludhiana, India - 828 kms (514.5 miles) NW
- Mukteswar/ Kumaon, India - 491.6 kms (305.5 miles) NNW
- New Delhi, India - 568.3 kms (353.1 miles) NW
- Bikaner, India - 884 kms (549.3 miles) WNW
- Agra, India - 415.2 kms (258 miles) WNW
- Kota, India - 592.3 kms (368.1 miles) W
- Sagar, India - 350.1 kms (217.5 miles) WSW
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India - 674.5 kms (419.2 miles) WSW
- Nagpur/ Sonegaon, India - 555.9 kms (345.4 miles) SSW
- Akola, India - 714.1 kms (443.7 miles) SW